Saturday, May 06, 2006

Normblog Quintile 1

So, I find a reference over at Michelle Malkin's blog about a profile done on her by Norman Geras, over at normblog. I mosey over there, read it and about a dozen others, and as myself, "why hasn't Norm asked me to sit for a profile?"

Immediately, the snarky, yet accurate Cranial Department of the Obvious says back to myself, "because nobody ever reads your blog, boonerhead."

How can I ever get profiled? Well, in the immortal tradition of all wannabes, I'll just interview myself. I've scoured my questions from normblog, where most of the profiles I read use the same questions, especially at the top.

AND NOW, WE BEGIN!

Why do you blog? > Because I'm supremely confident that what I have to say is important enough for other folks to read, and insecure enough to want to find out if other folks actually think the same.

What has been your best blogging experience? > Setting up my blog. Considering the 4 posts I've got so far, there's not much opportunity for "best experiences" yet, eh?

What has been your worst blogging experience? > Forgetting my username and password to get in to edit my blog.

What would be your main blogging advice to a novice blogger? > Post to your blog frequently enough that you don't forget your username and password.

What are your favourite blogs? > Michelle Malkin's, Michael Yon. There are a lot of others that I frequent, I'll slowly add them to my links...

Who are your intellectual heroes? >Thomas Sowell, C.S. Lewis for clarity, my brother Toasty0 for quality challenges to my thinking, John Locke, and a variety of others.

What are you reading at the moment? >Blogs, opinion pieces, and not much else. At this immediate moment, I'm flat broke.

Who are your cultural heroes? > Norman Rockwell, an artist who believed in the positive side of art. Louis L'Amour, a master of essential storytelling. Johnny Hart.

What is the best novel you've ever read? > Best? That's hard to say. Some of the most memorable include Crime and Punishment, Jack Chalker's Well of Souls books, Ivanhoe, Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game and Xenocide, C.S. Forester's Hornblower, and Edgar Rice Burrough's John Carter of Mars novels. One problem is I have read thousands of novels. However, if I was to seriously consider which has had the most impact on me, I'd have to say the books of Jim Kjelgaard, which I read in grade school. His philosphy on "the art of living" deeply affected me.

What is your favourite poem? > I'm no sure if I have one, poetry has never really done much for me.

What is your favourite movie? > ahh, this is much easier. Blazing Saddles. I definItely lean towards comedies.

What is your favourite song? > "Amazing Grace" and "America the Beautiful". My favorite compositions are Bach's "Jesu, the Joy of Man's Desiring", and Copelands "Fanfare for the Common Man."

Who is your favourite composer? > Johann Sebastian Bach.

Well, that's enough for now. If I'm going to do this in quintiles, I'll need leave some for the next installments. (and hopefully shamelessly get more traffic via trackbacks or the like....)

No comments: